Jan 23 – How are you showing up? Mentally, that is? When you first wake up in the morning to begin your day, is it focused on all that you are excited to get done or on all that hasn't gotten done? Are you jumping out of bed with anticipation or crawling out of bed with dread? Are you happy and gratified for the new day, or overwhelmed even before beginning it? How do you feel midway through the day? Do you need a boost of energy? Are you already lamenting what still hasn't gotten done? How you begin your day the moment you open your eyes is how you are showing up throughout the day.
Take an MM&I Moment to consider how you can awaken in a more positive and engaging manner each day. What are the first things you could think about that would put a smile on your face as you awaken each morning? What do you see when you first wake up that is inspiring and comforting? What activity could you do first thing in the morning to set your thinking on a more empowered and positive track? What could you do before going to sleep each night that could aid in a greater calm, and more revitalizing rest? How you feel and how you think are so tightly connected, that it is worth spending some time each day checking in on yourself and your surroundings. Be confident in what you desire. Be forthright in what you can do. Be nurturing from the inside out. Be surrounded by what enriches your spirit. You are worth it, and so are your dreams to be achieved!
Wide Awake Quote of the Week
"A positive atmosphere nurtures a positive attitude, which is required to take position action." – Richard M. DeVos
Yours in dreaming WIDE awake!
Need a little more inspiration? Scroll down to read 9 Positive Actions To Empower You Daily.
P.S. to read the Wide Awake Wednesday weekly email that featured this blog post, CLICK HERE.
9 Positive Actions To Empower You Daily
Embracing each day begins with how you choose to show up and participate in the day from beginning to end. Too often we hop out of bed with our minds exploding with all that needs to be done. We don't allow ourselves the courtesy of welcoming the day and appreciate moments within the day.
Consider these actions to ignite your ability to "show up" in the best ways for your best possible outcomes.
- A Positive Thought: The minute you open your eyes, make it a point to think of one thing you are excited about or looking forward to. It can be that cup of coffee or something you have scheduled. Just think of something that you enjoy and appreciate as your first thought of the day.
- Stretch & Breathe: Before you physically get out of bed, take a deep cleansing breath and when you sit up, before standing up, stretch and feel how wonderful it is to say good morning to your body in appreciation.
- An Uncluttered Space: Clean your bedroom and keep it clean. If you awaken to an array of clutter or an obstacle course of clothing, stacks, and mayhem, your subconscious mind is already disrupted by what you see and then focuses on other things that are cluttering your life. Consider how clutter is impacting your mentality in other spaces as well.
- Inspired Messages: Whether on your bathroom mirror or throughout your walk from your bed to your bathroom, place inspiring messages and meaningful imagery to set the tone for your day and way of living. Take those seconds to take them in as you get ready for the day.
- Gratitude: Whether out loud or a few minutes written in a journal, express what you are thankful for and continue to express and acknowledge throughout the day. You can never say thank you enough. Never.
- Smile: Yes, that's right. Physically smile and feel the feeling of smiling. Try smiling the entire way into heading to work. Try smiling while talking on the phone. Try smiling while reading or standing in a line. See what happens. It can be magical at times.
- Compliment Someone: Find a genuine reason to compliment someone. Perhaps notice something they are wearing or doing or acknowledge something about them you appreciate.
- Inspired Action: If you feel inspired to do something, follow up with someone, call someone, research something, work out, or try a different approach … whatever it might be, when you feel that urge, just do it, right then, without pause. It could be the turning point you have been waiting to realize.
- Slumber Solve: If there is a particular challenge you are facing or a creative solution you are seeking, think about it before you fall to sleep in a different way. Ask yourself to find a solution while sleeping on it. Instead of it causing you to stay awake, release it to your slumber to process it and approach it refreshed in the morning. State your request and then let it go. Your brain never stops and is most resilient when you are sleeping. This has been a true manifesting tool for me throughout my life.
Everything mentioned on this list is not time consuming. It is time illuminating when you actually think about it. It takes mere moments within each day to bring forth an empowered state of being that is priceless in terms of time and reward.
You ARE worth it, and so are your dreams to be achieved!
Woo Hoo! This blog post excerpt got picked up by Mike Dooley's TUT Thoughts Become Things blog. To see it there, CLICK HERE.